Virtual Celebration Submission Process
Submission Process for Video Presentations:
- Video presentation registration must be completed by Wednesday, December 2nd. The video portion of the registration can be updated by resubmitting your registration until this date.
Please see this guide for some helpful tips, example videos, editing resources, and links to creative commons audio/video.
Guidelines for Video Presentations
A video presentation is taking a face-to-face sharing of your research findings (a poster, a short presentation, a three-minute thesis) and moving that to a set video presentation about your research. A video presentation can look different from student to student and from discipline to discipline. However, all video presentations should share what your project was and what you accomplished.
For submission of a video presentation to the Virtual Celebration, you will need to submit the following three items:
– Abstract (no more than 250 words)
– Text transcript of the video (required)
– A video (3 minutes is ideal but the goal is no more than 5 minutes; your professor or mentor may have other guidelines)
as a youtube video with a unlisted link. Closed captions are encouraged. For directions on how to do this see this guide
1) Please submit your project at https://webportalapp.com/sp/login_saml/gmu-celebration
a) Login with your Mason credentials.
b) Complete the form, providing your video link, transcript, and abstract
c) Select all the tags that apply (your college, your program)
d) If the project is part of a course, list the course
2) Follow the final link to submit your project as a Mason Impact Project
a) Submit your video link
b) Answer the few questions about your project