The mission of the Office of Student Scholarship, Creative Activities, and Research is to prepare students for the world through undergraduate research and creative activities. As the home of the OSCAR initiative, we foster a culture of student scholarship through increased participation in, and celebration of, undergraduate scholarly activities. Student learning is enhanced through a process of scholarly inquiry, where scholarship is valued as core practice of the Mason learning experience.
We want to ensure that:
- Student scholarship is pervasive on campus.
- Undergraduate degree programs offer opportunities for student scholarly inquiry, creative activities, and research
- Faculty support undergraduate students in scholarly inquiry, creative activities, and research.
- Students participate in scholarship, creative activities, and research.
- Students have opportunities to communicate the results of their research or creative activities.
- Students who have participated in scholarly activities are prepared for their career goals and advanced study (graduate or professional school).