Columbia University Journal of Politics & Society
- The Journal of Politics & Society is an interdisciplinary journal, which only considers academic papers submitted by undergraduates for publication. It relies on a process comparable to the peer review and editing procedures of professional academic journals, with selected papers undergoing rigorous editing by an undergraduate-run Editorial Board.
The Dialectics: Journal of Leadership, Politics, and Society
- The Dialectics: Journal of Leadership, Politics, and Society is a refereed, multidisciplinary electronic publication that aims to promote discourse and scholarship by encouraging students to pursue and engage in thoughtful discourses on topics of societal importance. The journal seeks papers that have a single thesis, are focused, identify significant societal and global issues, and offer creative solutions or specific recommendations for addressing the challenges. Students from institutions across the United States or abroad are invited to submit their work for review.
International Social Science Review (ISSR)
- ISSR is a peer-reviewed journal that invites the submission of manuscripts in history, political science, sociology, anthropology, economics, international relations, criminal justice, social work, psychology, social philosophy, history of education, and human/cultural geography. ISSR is published twice each year; once in the summer and once in the winter. Each issue contains about four peer-reviewed articles, in addition to about 15 book reviews, which are written by scholars and carefully polished for publication by the book-review editor and the editor-in-chief.
Journal for Undergraduate Research Opportunities (JURO)
- JURO is an online undergraduate research journal dedicated to promoting student research from the arts, humanities, and social sciences. JURO issues incorporate extensive multimedia elements, including streaming audio and video, to present the research and artwork of their contributors. While JURO primarily publishes scholarship conducted by students at the University of Georgia, special issues also include undergraduate research from other institutions.
Journal of College and Character
- This journal focuses on character development in college, and how colleges and universities influence, both intentionally and unintentionally, the moral and civic learning and behavior of their students. It includes resources and information designed to encourage discussion, research, and innovative educational practices, publishing scholarly articles and applied research on issues related to ethics, values, and character development in higher education. The journal asks college students to contribute short reflections (no more than 1,000 words) on ethical issues or dilemmas they encounter during college.
Journal of Integrated Social Sciences (JISS)
- JISS aims to facilitate dialogue among scholars from different social science disciplines. It invites the submission of empirical or theoretical scholarship which focuses on the concept of “transformations,” capturing the dynamics, fluidity, and synthesis of individual and social phenomena. JISS especially encourages undergraduate (and graduate) students to submit, together with a faculty sponsor, their best work to be reviewed by our distinguished editorial board members.
Journal of Student Research (JOFSR)
- JOFSR is an electronic, peer-reviewed, multidisciplinary journal devoted to the rapid dissemination of current student research. It seeks papers that are novel, integrative, and written in a way that is accessible to a wide audience which includes a range of disciplines. The content of the journal ranges from applied to theoretical research. In general, papers are welcomed from all topics.
Lethbridge Undergraduate Research Journal (LURJ)
- LURJ is an online journal run by and for undergraduate students. It is international in scope, and welcomes papers from all undergraduates. Papers are accepted at all times.
- NeoAmericanist is an e-journal that pushes the boundaries of scholarship and theory, and blurs the lines between academic disciplines and popular culture. Works (including poetry or creative writing, photographs and images, articles, and reviews) that have anything to do with the study of America are appropriate for submission.
Papers and Pubs
- Papers and pubs is a peer-reviewed journal of undergraduate research that promotes student learning by disseminating undergraduate research and creative works that make an intellectual or creative contribution to the discipline or to applied practice. Published annually. Deadline for submission is January 15, 2013 for the May 2013 publication.
Pittsburgh Undergraduate Review (PUR)
- PUR is a multidisciplinary journal that accepts papers from around the world, seeking to advance independent undergraduate research. This journal has a rolling submissions process and accepts papers throughout the year.
Queen City Writers (QCW)
- QCW is a refereed online journal that publishes essays and multimedia work by undergraduates. It is published three times per year in the fall, winter, and spring. The journal invites thought-provoking pieces from any disciplinary perspective that explore questions and problems relating to writing, rhetoric, reading, literacy, popular culture and media, community discourses, and multimodal and digital composing.
Mid-Atlantic Leadership Review
- The Mid-Atlantic Leadership Review (MLR) is an online, peer-reviewed, leadership studies journal based at Christopher Newport University. Its focus is to publish high-quality research articles written by CNU students and other undergraduate students from around the country.
Interdisciplinary Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Interdisciplinary Journal of Undergraduate Research invites students in the southeastern region to submit original work that has been presented at a conference, showcase, or capstone course either on their own campus or at a regional/national conference site. Original research papers and creative works are welcome from all departments and disciplines.
VA Engage Journal
- The VA Engage Journal promotes engaged scholarship by undergraduate, professional, and graduate students. The journal provides a forum for students to publish research studies (quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods), reflection essays, and reviews of current literature and engagement practice, all with guidance and mentorship from engaged faculty and staff. Any undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full- or part-time at a two- or four-year college or university in Virginia in the academic year preceding the submission deadline is eligible to submit an article. Submissions with multiple authors are welcome.
Reinvention: A Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Reinvention is an online, peer-reviewed undergraduate research journal that welcomes academic articles from across the disciplines. After initial editor screening, all submissions undergo rigorous peer review by two or three anonymous referees. Reinvention is published bi-annually and only includes papers written by undergraduate students in both the UK and oversea.