April 11, 2017

Get Funding

Mason offers several ways for students to get support while you participate in a research, scholarly, or creative project. No matter your major, there are opportunities for you!

OSCAR Federal Work-Study Research Assistantships are for students who are interested in working with faculty on a project, and have demonstrated financial need. We offer RA positions in almost every program across campus, and you can search our current openings. It's a great way to meet faculty, and learn about the methods in your field while earning money!

The Undergraduate Research Scholars Program is a competitive program designed to give undergraduates an authentic research, creative, or scholarly experience under the guidance of a mentor. You (with the help of your mentor) design and implement the project, and present the results at the end of the project.

External funding is available for students and faculty for projects on and beyond Mason. There are many opportunities to get involved with a summer project at local or national sites. OSCAR is happy to help with applications for these projects.

If you are traveling to present the results of your research or creative project, you can request travel support through the Undergraduate Student Travel Fund.

Follow Mason on Twitter @Mason_OSCAR for regular announcements of funding opportunities!