Undergraduate research and creative projects are only successful because of the commitment and enthusiasm of faculty and staff.
What can I do? What counts? Find out!
How does OSCAR support faculty?
- providing research mentor stipends (URSP)
- supporting curriculum innovation, in collaboration with the Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning
- awarding course, curriculum, and project Scholarship Development Grants
- presenting OSCAR Mentor Excellence Awards
- providing free memberships to the Council on Undergraduate Research
- hosting the Celebration of Scholarship
- sharing resources to support mentoring
- visiting classes to talk about OSCAR opportunities
"The goal of undergraduate studies is not just to acquire knowledge, but to use knowledge...if it has no utility, then it's just a series of facts."
Important Dates for Faculty 2017-2018
- 7th Annual Celebration of Student Scholarship on May 8, 2018