The Office of Student Scholarship, Creative Activities, and Research (OSCAR) is home of undergraduate research and creative activities at George Mason University. We are located on the second floor of the Johnson Center in room 228.
OSCAR provides students the opportunity to connect with faculty and to the research and creative mission of the institution. Students will see their education as a process of discovery, inquiry, and synthesis; these are the core values of the Mason student experience. Faculty engage students in current and relevant activities using new paradigms of instruction and active modeling of critical thinking.
OSCAR supports students by:
- helping them find a project and mentor
- funding undergraduate research and creative projects
- providing student travel grants
- supporting interdisciplinary courses
- hosting the Celebration of Scholarship
- sharing information about undergraduate research opportunities
OSCAR supports faculty through:
- finding students to assist with research
- funding for scholarly work with undergraduates
- recognizing outstanding mentorship
- free membership to the Council on Undergraduate Research