Searchable databases of summer research programs:
Additional opportunities as we hear about them:
- The Curry School of Education at UVA invites current junior students to take part in the SURP program. You can apply for this opportunity here.
- RiSE (Research in Science and Engineering) sponsored by Rutgers University chooses 50 outstanding undergraduates from across the U.S. and its territories to participate in 10 weeks of cutting-edge research in the biological, physical, and social sciences, math, engineering, and exciting interdisciplinary areas under the guidance of a carefully matched faculty mentors.
- The Lupus Foundation of Minnesota (LFM) provides undergraduates interested in basic or clinical research an opportunity to work with an established faculty researcher at various institutes, including the University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic.
- The Baltimore/Washington Forecast Office of the National Weather Service is accepting applications through January 25, 2016, for volunteer interns for the summer of 2016. This program is designed for college students. This provides chosen students with the experience of performing a mentored meteorological/hydrological research project, presenting a briefing on their research, and assisting in operations at an NWS forecast office.
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) Summer Internship Program will provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in projects at federal research facilities located across the country focused on helping DNDO meet its mission of “implementing domestic nuclear detection efforts for a managed and coordinated response to radiological and nuclear threats, as well as integration of federal nuclear forensics programs.”
- The Amgen Scholars Program provides hundreds of selected undergraduates with the opportunity to engage in a hands-on research experience at many of the world’s premier educational institutions in the US or Japan.
- The Santa Fe Institute's Edward A Knapp Undergraduate Fellowship is will give you a toolbox for understanding and using mathematical modeling in complex systems and your discipline. This program is of special interest to you if you’re from computer science (CS), pure and applied mathematics, and physics, and we also welcome applicants from chemistry, quantitative biology, and social science.
- Institute for Field Research provides archaeological, ethnographic, and forensic field schools in the US and abroad.
- The PINEMAP Undergraduate Fellowship Program is part of the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) Coordinated Agricultural Project (CAP) funded Pine Integrated Network: Education, Mitigation and Adaptation Program. Undergraduates in any degree program can apply to intern in any of the 6 Aims, however they must be interested in natural resources, environmental science, economics, or related fields.